LOW CALORIE VEG. BASKET CHAAT
• MAIN INGREDIENTS: 1. Cabbage - 150 gm 2. Carrot - 3 3. Boiled potato - 2 4. Onion - 1 5. Tomato – 1 6. Coriander - 1 Table spoon 7. Sundae masala/red chili powder - 1/2 Tea spoon 8. Salt - as per taste 9. Chaat masala - 1/2 Tea spoon 10. Sweet Chutney - 1/2 Tea spoon 11. Green chili chutney - 1/2 Tea spoon OR 12. Whichever sauce /chutney available. Just as a topping – ½ Tea spoon 13. Silicon mould OR 14. Aluminium mould
Enjoy your favourite chaat, which is completely low in calories. This can be eaten as whole meal too, or as an evening snacks for family or party.
- First soak all the vegetables with their intact skin in a Luke-Warm water with added turmeric and salt for 15-20 mins. After 15-20 mins wash them with clean water.
- Now grate Cabbage and Carrot.
- Finely chop tomato, potato, onion and coriander.
- Now add sundae masala/red chili powder and salt to these vegetables and mix it properly.
- Now take small portions of this mixture and squeeze out all the water from it.
- Press it in silicon/Aluminium moulds to give it a shape of Basket/Katori.
- Now bake these moulds in an Air-fryer or Oven for 7-8 min. at 180 - 200-degree temperature.
- The veg basket should be crispy golden brown in colour.
- Now remove these baked baskets and place them in a serving plate.
- Add chopped potato, tomato, onion and all the sauces/chutneys into these baskets. Garnish it with coriander and sprinkle little chaat masala over it.
- Serve it immediately or it will become soggy.