LOW-CALORIE JHATPAT TOMATO OMELETTE
• MAIN INGREDIENTS: 1. Moong Dal Flour - 150gms 2. Onion - 1 3. Tomato - 1 4. Turmeric Powder - 1/4th Tea spoon 5. Sundae Masala - 1 Tea spoon 6. Coriander-Cumin Powder - 1/2 Tea spoon 7. White Sesame seeds - 1/2 Tea spoon 8. Coriander - 1 Table Spoon 9. Salt - as per taste 10. Oil - for brushing 11. Water - 1 glass
- First soak all the vegetables with their intact skin in Luke-Warm water with added turmeric and salt for 15-20 mins. After 15-20 mins wash them with clean water.
- Finely chop Onion, Tomato and Coriander.
- In a mixing bowl, mix Moong-Dal flour with finely chopped onion and tomato and coriander.
- Add all the masalas such as Sundae masala, Coriander-Cumin powder, Turmeric powder, White Sesame seeds.
- Add salt as per your taste.
- Now add water slowly to this mixture and churn it to get a smooth batter like consistency (Like Dosa Batter).
- Now heat one Pan on a Hotplate/Gas/Stove.
- Brush,it with approx. one drop of oil.
- Now take one full ladle of this batter and spread it over pan like an Uttapah.
- Now cover it with a lid.
- Flip the Omelette from both the sides till it becomes crispy and golden brown.
- Serve it hot with your favorite sauce or chilled curd.
- Enjoy your Low-calorie Jhatpat Tomato Omlette, as your meal or as a breakfast or for evening snacks. Even a good option for tiffins or surprise guest visit.
Recipe in Marathi