LOW CALORIE RICE (TAANDALACHE) PITHLA
• MAIN INGREDIENTS: 1. Rice flour - 1 bowl /100 gm 2. Turmeric powder - 1/2 Teaspoon 3. Dhana-Jeera (Coriander-Cumin) powder - 1/2 Teaspoon 4. Onion - 2 5. Salt - As per taste 6. Dextrose - 1/2 Teaspoon 7. Coriander - For garnishing
• FOR SEASONING: 1. Mustard seeds - 1/4 Teaspoon 2. Cumin seeds - 1/4 Teaspoon 3. Green chili - 1 4. Garlic - 2 cloves 5. Curry leaves - 5/6
- Take Rice flour in a mixing bowl and add salt, dextrose, Dhana-Jeera (Coriander-Cumin) powder and turmeric to it.
- Add water to it slowly and stir it till there are no lumps left in the mixture. (Consistency of a smooth paste)
- Now heat a pan on hotplate/gas/stove and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, green chilly & crushed garlic to it. Roast it for 1 min.
- Now add chopped onion to it with a little salt so it softens fast.
- When the onion turns pink add rice flour batter to it.
- Stir this mixture again taking care that it doesn’t get burned.
- Keep a low flame.
- Now cover it with a lid & let it cook.
- Stir after 5 min.
- After 10 min keep the lid aside and garnish it with Coriander.
- Pithla is ready to serve.
- Serve this Rice (Tandalache) Pithla hot with Bhakri, Chapati or rice.
- You can enjoy this delicious, healthy and completely low-calorie meal as a main course.