RED PUMPKIN RAITA
- Red Pumpkin - 250 gm
- Sugar - 1/4 Teaspoon(If pumpkin is not sweet).
- Salt - As per taste
- Cumin seeds - 1 /4th Teaspoon
- Green chili - 1
- Curd - 2 Tablespoon
- Coriander - 1 Tablespoon
- First soak all the vegetables with their intact skin in Luke-Warm water with added turmeric and salt for 15-20 mins. After 15-20 mins wash them with clean water.
- Cut Red Pumpkin into small square shape pieces.
- Steam these red pumpkin pieces for about 5 - 8 min.
- Now heat a pan on Hotplate/Gas/Stove as per choice and availability.
- Add Cumin seeds and green chili to this and sauté well.
- Now add steamed pumpkin pieces to this pan and again,sauté well.
- Add salt and sugar to this. Sauté again.
- Cover the pan with lid and let everything steam for 5 min.
- Switch off the gas and let it cool.
- After it is cooled add curd to thisand mix well.
- In the end add finely chopped coriander and mix everything well.
- Now it is ready to eat.
- You can either refrigerate it and eat it like a salad.
- You can eat it immediately with a Rice /Bhakri/Chapati.
- It is completely low in calories since it is a zero oil dish. But equally tasty and healthy.