LOW CALORIE ZERO OIL PAV BHAJI
Pav Bhaji is popular Indian street food where dinner rolls/buns are served with spicy mashed veggies topped with dollop of butter. But here we are preparing it with zero amount of oil.
1. Boiled Potato: 6 small/5 med size 2. Cauliflower: 1 medium size 3. Tomato: 3 4. Onion: 4 small/3 medium size 5. Capsicum: 1 6. Pav Bhaji Masala: 1 Table spoon 7. Red Kashmiri powder: 1 Tea spoon 8. Chaat masala: 1/2 Tea spoon 9. Salt: As per taste 10. Green paste: 1 Tea spoon
FOR GARNISHING: 1. Coriander: For garnishing 2. Onion: 1 Finely chopped 3. Lemon: Half
- First soak all the vegetables with their intact skin in Luke-Warm water with added turmeric and salt for 15-20 mins. After 15-20 mins wash them with clean water.
- Now cut tomato in 4 parts.
- Remove florets from the cauliflower.
- Remove skin of onions and cut them into 4 parts.
- In a mixer grinder add these cut tomatoes and onions.
- Also add little water to them.
- Add all the masalas mentioned in the ingredients list: Kashmiri powder, Pav Bhaji masala and little salt.
- Grind everything in the mixer till it becomes smooth like a paste (Tomato Onion Puree).
- On a hotplate/Gas/Stove keep one pressure cooker and cook cauliflower florets until one whistle.
- Now heat one kadai, add green paste to it and saute’ well.
- Add tomato onion puree to it and stir it well.
- Now add capsicum and saute everything well.
- Add boiled-smashed potatoes and smashed cauliflower to it.
- Now add salt and chaat masala.
- Now smash all the vegetables with a smasher to make sure there are no lumps and everything is smooth.
- Cook this for approximately 5-7 min.
- Serve it in a plate/bowl, garnish it with Coriander, chopped onion and sprinkled lemon.
- Serve it hot with homemade Rice/Jowar bread. Or with your favorite Pav.
- Enjoy your hot Low-calorie Zero Oil Pav Bhaji, as much as you want.