LOW CALORIE (ZERO-OIL) PALAK PANEER
1. Palak: 1 Bunch 2. Tomato: 2 3. Onion: 1 4. Turmeric powder: 1/4th Teaspoon 5. Sundae Masala: 1 Teaspoon 6. Dhana-Jeera (Coriander-Cumin) powder: ½ Teaspoon 7. Garlic: 2 cloves 8. Milk: 1/4th Cup/50 ml 9. Home-Made Paneer: 100 gm 10. Chaat masala: 1 pinch 11. Salt: As per taste
- First soak all the vegetables with their intact skin in Luke-Warm water with added turmeric and salt for 15-20 mins. After 15-20 mins wash them with clean water.
- Chop Palak roughly.
- Keep a pressure pan on Gas/Stove/hotplate and add raw chopped Palak, onion and tomatoes to it.
- Now add half glass of water with ¼th Teaspoon of salt to this.
- Sauté everything well and cook it till 1-2 whistles.
- Now open the lid of this pressure pan and stir everything well.
- When it becomes cool, make a smooth puree of this mixture.
- While making puree add half chopped Garlic Cloves, Sundae Masala, coriander-cumin (Dhana-Jeera) powder, salt and milk to this and grind everything well to make smooth paste.
- Heat a kadai on Hotplate/gas/stove and add remaining half cloves of garlic to it, sauté it for approx. 30 min. Till it turns brown.
- Now add Palak puree, turmeric powder and salt and pinch of Chaat Masala (for tangy taste) to it. Also add the vegetable stock to this.
- Now cover it with lid and let it simmer for 5-7 mins.
- After 5-7 mins, stir it once and add home-made Paneer cubes to it and switch off the gas/hotplate.
- Now Zero oil low calorie Palak Paneer is ready. You can serve it hot with Roti, Bread or Rice.