LOW CALORIE NON-FERMENTED INSTANT UTTAPPA
• FOR BATTER: 1. Urad Daal – 200 Grams 2. Green Chilly - 1 Medium Size 3. Ginger - 1 Tea spoon 4. Salt - As per taste 5. Water – One and half glass
• FOR UTTAPPA: 1. Urad dal Batter non fermented 2. Onion – 1 3. Tomato – 1 4. Corriander - 1/2 Bowl (Just to sprinkle) 5. Chilly powder - 1/2 Tea spoon (Just to sprinkle) 6. Corriander Cumin powder - 1/2 Tea spoon (Just to sprinkle) 7. Salt - as per taste 8. Oil- for brushing
- Wash and soak Urad Daal in Luke warm water for 15 min.
- After 15 min. grind this Dal in a mixer with ginger, green chilly and little salt. While grinding add water slowly to maintain the proper consistency of the batter.
- Now your batter is ready to make instant Uttappa. You can also use this no-fermented batter to make Idlis, Crispy Dosas, Dhoklas, Appe, Medu wada.
- Now keep one tawa for heating on a hotplate/gas/stove as per choice and availability.
- Put one drop of oil and spread it on tawa.
- Now take one ladle of batter and put it on tawa.
- Spread it gently and evenly making sure that it is not very thin. It should be little thick in consistency.
- Now sprinkle chopped onion, tomato, and little coriander, Masalas (Chilly powder and Coriander-cumin powder) on to this and cover it with a lid for 2 min.
- Now flip this uttappa.
- Let it turn golden brown from both the sides.
- Serve this hot in a plate with your favorite chutney or sambar
Recipe in Marathi