LOW CALORIE HARIYALI SALAD
• MAIN INGREDIENTS: 1. Palak (Spinach) - 1 bunch 2. Curd - 150 gm or (3/4 Tablespoon)-(optional) 3. Salt: As per taste 4. Dhana-Jeera (Coriander-Cumin) powder: 1/2 Teaspoon 5. Chili powder: 1/4th Teaspoon 6. Chili flakes: One pinch (Optional) 7. Chaat masala: 1/4 Teaspoon
• FOR SEASONING: 1. Mustard seeds: 1/2 Teaspoon 2. Urad dal:1/2 Teaspoon 3. Sesame seeds: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Chop the Palak (spinach) leaves.
- Blanch(Briefly immerse in the boiling water in order to prepare it for further cooking.)the chopped Palak (Spinach) for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Strain the water from the Palak.
- We can use this blanched water as a vegetable stock during cooking.
- Beat the curd in a bowl.
- In another bowl, add blanchedPalak, beaten curd, Masalas (chili powder, Dextrose, Dhana-Jeera (Coriander-Cumin) powder, Chaat masala, Salt),
- Now for Seasoning: Heat a pan/ vaghar pan on a hotplate, stove or gas and roast Urad Daal in it till it turns brown.
- Add Mustard seeds and sesame seeds this andsauté' everything for 10 sec.
- Now add this to thePalak mixture.
- Mix everything well.
- With this your Hariyaali Salad is ready to eat.
- Chill it if you like.
- Enjoy it with steamed rice, Daal or chapati. Or have it just as bowl of chilled Salad to refresh your day.