LOW CALORIE BAINGAN CHATPATA
• MAIN INGREDIENTS: 1. Bot Vangi (Italian Eggplant) / Brinjal: 2 2. Turmeric powder - 1/4th Teaspoon 3. Chili powder - 1/2 Teaspoon 4. Dhana jeera powder (Coriander-cumin) - 1/4th Teaspoon 5. Salt - As per taste 6. Oil - For brushing 7. Coriander leaves – For garnish
• FOR VAGHAR: 1. Bot Vangi (Italian Eggplant) / Brinjal: 2 2. Turmeric powder - 1/4th Teaspoon
- Cut Brinjals (Italian Eggplant) into small pieces and keep them in the water.
- Heat a Kadhai on Hotplate/Gas/Stove as per availability and brush it with one drop of oil.
- Add Mustard seeds and Sesame seeds to the heated Kadhai.
- After it starts spluttering, add Turmeric powder and sauté for 5 secs.
- After 5 sec. add cut brinjal pieces to this kadhai and again sauté well.
- Now add chili powder, Dhana-jeera (Coriander-Cumin) powder and again mix it well for 2 min.
- Add salt to this according to your taste.
- Cover the kadhai with a lid and let it cook for about 8/10 min. on medium flame.
- After 10 minutes are over check if its cooked.
- When cooked, it becomes soft.
- Now garnish it with chopped Coriander leaves.
- Enjoy this delicious low-calorie Yummy Baingan Chatpata sabzi with chapati/ bhakri / Dal Rice.