ZERO OIL VEGETABLE PESHAWARI
• MAIN INGREDIENTS:
1. Paalak (Spinach) - 1 bunch
2. Cauliflower - 100 gm
3. Baby Corn - 5 pieces
4. Broccoli - 100 gm
5. Carrot - 2
6. Cabbage - 100 gm
7. Onion - 1
8. Tomato - 1
1. Turmeric - 1/2 Tea spoon
2. Sundae masala - 1 Tea spoon
3. Red Kashmiri powder - 1/2 Tea spoon (for colour)
4. Chaat masala - 1/2 Tea spoon
5. Dry mango powder / Aamchur powder - 1/2 Tea spoon
6. Green paste - 1 Tea spoon
7. Dhana-jeera (Coriander-cumin) powder - 1/2 Tea spoon
8. Salt - As per taste
9. Corriander - 1 Small bowl for garnishing.
[button link="https://images.healthonics.healthcare/veg-peshawari-marathi/" size="medium" bgcolor="#359af2" variation="blue" textcolor="#ffffff" target="_blank" align="center"]Recipe in Marathi[/button]
- First clean the Paalak leaves and soak them in Luke-warm water for 15 min with turmeric and little salt.
- Now cut Cabbage, Carrot and Baby corn.
- Make small florets of cauliflower and broccoli.
- Now soak all the above cut vegetables in Luke-warm water with turmeric and salt for 15 mins.
- After 15 minutes are over, rinse all the vegetables with clean water.
- And now steam all the vegetables including palak onion and tomato.
- Now remove the palak and keep it in a cold water to maintain its green colour.
- Squeeze the excess water from palak and grind in a mixer till it becomes a smooth paste. (Paalak Puree)
- Grind the boiled tomato and boiled onion into a paste in a mixer.
- Now heat the vessel on a hotplate/gas burner/stove (As per choice and availability) and add the tomato- onion paste to it. Saute this for 2-3 min.
- After 2-3 minutes, add Paalak puree and all the Masalas (Sundae Masala,Chaat masala, Red Kashmiri powder, Dhana-jeera powder, Turmeric, Dry mango/Aamchur powder, Green paste and salt) to this mixture and again saute it for 2-3 min.
- Now add all the steamed vegetables to this and again stir this for 4-5 min.
- If you want, you can add vegetable stock. (water in which you have steamed the vegetables).
- Now stir it for sometime and then cover with a lid for 5-6 min.
- Now your Zero Oil Vegetable Peshawari is ready.
- Serve it with Steamed Rice/Roti/Bhakri.
- Relish this tempting dish without any guilt.