LOW CALORIE SPINACH PANCAKE
• MAIN INGREDIENTS: 1. Spinach (Paalak)- 1 Bunch 2. Cabbage – 500 grams or half (As per choice) 3. Coriander leaves - 1 Small bowl 4. Turmeric powder - 1/4th Teaspoon 5. Chili Powder / Sundae masala - 1/2 Teaspoon 6. Chaat Masala - 1/4th Teaspoon 7. Dhana Jeera (Coriander-cumin) powder - 1/2 Teaspoon 8. Salt - as per taste 9. Bajri flour - 2 Tablespoons 10. Rice flour - 2 Tablespoons 11. Oil - For brushing
Please Note: One can add Onions if required or can enjoy it without onion and garlic as mentioned in the recipe (Especially during Pooja or Holy festivals, etc.)
- Take 1 Bunch of Spinach (Paalak), half Cabbage, coriander leaves and chop them finely.
- In a mixing bowl add all these 3 ingredients.
- Add turmeric powder, chili powder, chaat masala, salt, Dhana-Jeera (Coriander-Cumin) powder to these three ingredients.
- Now add Bajra and Rice flour to it.
- Mix everything well, don't add water to it as Paalak (Spinach) itself soaks the flour.
- Keep a pan (Tawa) on a gas/stove or hotplate to heat it and brush it with one drop of oil.
- Take small portions of Paalak (Spinach) mixture and spread it evenly on the Pan(Tawa) like a Thalipeeth (Pancake).
- Cover it with a lid for approx. 1 min.
- Now flip it and cook it till becomes crispy and golden brown from both the sides.
- Serve it hot with curd or Homemade sauce/ chutney.
- Enjoy your Low-Calorie Spinach Pancakes (Palak Thalipeeth).