LOW CALORIE MOONG DAL PANIYARAM
• MAIN INGREDIENTS:
1. Moong Dal (yellow) - 150 gm
2. Salt - As per taste
3. Dextrose - 1/2 Teaspoon (optional)
4. Green chilli - 1/2
5. Ginger - 1/4th piece
6. Coriander - 1/2 Tablespoon
• FOR SEASONING:
1. Turmeric powder - 1/4th Teaspoon
2. Jeera - 1/4th Teaspoon
3. Mustard Seeds - 1/4th Teaspoon
4. Asafoetida /Hing - one pinch
5. Oil for brushing
Wash Yellow Moong Dal thoroughly and soak it for about 1 hour.
- After approx. 1 hour of soaking drain out the excess water.
- Grind soaked Moong dal, green chilli and ginger in a mixer.
- Grind it till it becomes a rough paste (Not smooth paste).
- Now put this mixture in a bowl and add salt, dextrose, finely chopped Coriander to this.
- Mix everything well.
- In a Vaghar pan, add Turmeric powder, Mustard seeds, Jeera, and Asafoetida.
- As it starts spluttering add the above mixture with a little water (if required) to this.
- Now again mix everything well.
- Grease one Appe-Patra with 1 drop of oil and add half spoon of this mixture into every section. Cover it with lid for about 1-2 min.
- After 2 min. turn it to cook it from other side, till it becomes crispy golden brown.
- Now serve this hot Moong Dal Paniyaram with cold curd/ Home-made Sauce / chutney.
- This can be a very good option for Snacks, Breakfast or for Tiffin.
- Enjoy this low calorie but equally tasty, healthy and nutritious Moong Dal Paniyaram.
[maxbutton id="4" url="https://images.healthonics.healthcare/moong-dal-paniyaram-marathi/" ]