LOW CALORIE CHICKEN FRANKEY
• MAIN INGREDIENTS:
1. Vegetables : (Of own choice.) We have taken
2. Cabbage - 50 gm
3. Tomato - 1
4. Capsicum - 1
5. Baby corn - 3
6. Carrot - 1
7. Onions - 2 ( 1 Chopped & 1 Thinly sliced)
8. Boneless Chicken Breast pieces : 250 gm
9. Jowar/Jwari flour : 200 gm
NOTE: Vegetables have been taken along with chicken to reduce the number of calories in this recipe
• MASALA FOR MARINATING CHICKEN:
1. Salt - As per taste
2. Green paste - 1/2 Tea spoon
3. Sundae Masala - 1/4th Tea spoon
4. Coriander-Cumin powder - 1/4th Tea spoon
5. Lemon - half
6. Turmeric - 1/4th Tea spoon
• FRANKEY FILLING:
1. Salt - As per taste
2. Green paste - 1 Tea spoon
3. Chaat Masala - 1 Tea spoon
4. Kashmiri red chili powder ( for color) - 1 Tea spoon
5. Oil for brushing.
• FRANKEY TOPPINGS (Optional/Your own choice of Sauce):
1. Homemade sweet tamarind chutney- 1 Table spoon
2. Homemade Schezwan sauce – 1 Table spoon
3. Onion - Thin slice
4. Coriander - Finely chopped for garnishing
5. Chaat masala - To sprinkle
[button link="https://images.healthonics.healthcare/chicken-frankey-marathi/" size="medium" bgcolor="#359af2" variation="blue" textcolor="#ffffff" target="_blank" align="center"]Recipe in Marathi[/button]
This can be a Good option for:
- Soak all the vegetables (with their intact skin) mentioned in the ingredients list into a lukewarm water added with little turmeric and salt for 15-20 mins. After 20 min. drain the lukewarm water and wash these vegetables with clean water.
- Now chop all the vegetables.
- In a mixing bowl take Jwari flour. Add little salt, put water slowly and gradually. Stir it properly till there are no lumps.
- A smooth batter.. like the consistency for making Dosa.
- Wash, clean and marinate Boneless chicken breast pieces with Salt 1/2 tsp, Sundae masala - 1/4tsp, Coriander-Cumin powder- 1/4tsp, Turmeric - 1/4tsp, Green paste - 1/2 tsp, Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp.
- Mix it well and keep aside for 30 min.
- Now heat a cooker on a Hotplate/Gas/Stove. Add thin slices of onion into it and sauté till it turns pinkish and softens. You can add little salt to speed up this procedure.
- Add 1/4th glass of water to this and it stir well.
- Wait till one whistle and switch off the Gas/Hotplate/Stove.
- Now heat a pan on Hotplate/stove/Gas, add chopped onion, tomato and pinch of salt to it and sauté everything well till it gets soften.
- Now add rest vegetables and again sauté it well for approx. 5 min.
- Add all masalas to this, mix it well. Now cover it with lid and let it cook for 10 min.
- Now add little water if required.
- This vegetable mixture can also be used to make mix. Veg. Frankey for vegetarian people.
- Add cooked chicken to this vegetable mixture and again sauté well.
- Let it cook for 5 min, till it becomes a bit dry.
- Now heat another Pan. Brush it with one drop of oil and spread one ladle of Jowar batter on it like a Dosa.
- Flip it from both the sides.
- Make regular thin Dosas (Jowar) and keep them aside in a plate.
- In one plate place this Dosa (Jowar)and put (Chicken+Vegetable) mixture on the middle portion.
- Add sauces of own choice, onion, coriander and sprinkle chaat masala over this.
- Now fold it from both the sides and wrap it in a silver foil (completely optional)
- Relish this hot Chicken Frankey completely low in calories with your favorite sauce.
- School or office tiffin.
- Short trips.